Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Stationery favors

Favors are always a tricky thing to perfect when planning a wedding. You try to choose something that people won’t just throw away (let’s think green) after the event, but also something that can be useful for your guests.

I’ve come up with an idea, and I’m wondering why this hasn’t caught on before? Am I missing something?

How fun would it be to give away stationery sets to your guests?! You could design a set of custom notes that match your wedding theme or purchase them  from a well known retailer of your favorite brand. Either way your guests go home with a set of pretty papers that remind them of the two of you every time they write a note. You could even self-address the first envelope, so that they are encouraged to write you for the first time as newlyweds!

This type of favor could conform to any budget as well… custom stationery sets could run as low as $3.00 for a set of 5 notes and envelopes (as long as you order in bulk). Or as high as $37.00 for 5 correspondences, like the Kate Spade ones pictured above left.

From left to right: Kate Spade, Crane & Co., rsvp invitation studios

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Erin Nowak, Designer and Illustrator said...

As a stationery designer myself, I think this is a GREAT idea! I'm guessing maybe it hasn't caught because there are many people who no longer write handwritten notes? If not for a wedding, I wwould definitely consider doing this for a shower or bridesmaids luncheon, where more of the guests would be stationery consumers. Love your blog! I'll be sure to return and visit!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love this idea! It would be such a nice way to tie the favours into the rest of your wedding stationery...if you had the budget you could have the motif from your invitations printed on notecards. I suppose you could even do the printing yourself on a color laser jet if you were a DIY bride, and make pretty packages of stationery tied with a lovely ribbon.

It's funny...my cousins were my bridesmaids and I didn't realize beforehand how all five of us are into stationery- we've been writing back and forth ever since the wedding, so this would have been perfect for them! Maybe I should get married again :)