Monday, November 10, 2008

Switching up the accessories

I love the idea of switching up your attire after the ceremony and before the reception, but for brides on a budget, a whole new ensemble may not be a viable option. Instead, maybe opt for removing your traditional veil and replacing it with a lovely floral hair clip! You could even trade in some of your more conservative accessories for ones that will work with a night of dancing!

Hair clip from the etsy shop of JMG Jewel Designs, traditional veil courtesy of David's Bridal.

View blog reactions

2 comments:

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

I love this idea too.

I was a two dress bride who THOUGHT I was going to change into a sleek gown for the reception. But, I feel in love with my ballgown, so sold the sleek one (J.Crew's Vivian. oh.my.goodness, the fabric was AMAZING!). I wore a brooch in my hair, and then just took off the veil to change it up. Ooh, and put on some pink beaded shoes :)

Great post, as always, Kristin.

Unknown said...

Soo many brides get fed up with their veils (sitting on them, getting it caught on doorways, etc.) that I think this is a perfect solution!