Friday, February 6, 2009

Baby announcement

I just wanted to share with you an adorable design I mocked up for my sister-in-law.


She loves antiques, and her house is decorated in a very beautiful shabby chic style, like something straight out of a magazine! A few years ago I took a photo of her daughter (now 3) and created a vintage-looking portrait out of it, by highlighting elements of the black and white photo with color. I think she really liked it, because she was the one who suggested doing that same style for a baby announcement. I love the way this turned out, and am thinking about possibly adding some vintage lace or cording (depending on if the baby is a boy or girl).

View blog reactions

2 comments:

April {April Foster Events} said...

soooooo cute!

Mary Lyn said...

Oh i love it - and I'm so excited to see the end result! cant wait to see the new baby:)