Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Vintage Milk Glass Containers


I love antique milk glass vases and dishes, especially to add a vintage touch to your wedding! Think about it — they add texture and sheen without overdoing it on the color scale. Not to mention they go with almost any flower known to man! 

I see an assortment of milk glass containers almost every time I hit my local salvation army or goodwill, which puzzles me. Why would you ever want to get rid of these relics? I usually snatch up the most unique one for around $1.00 and move on.

My mother even had a collection of 20 matching milk glass vases from her own wedding, which were tragically sold in a garage sale about 3 years before my own wedding. Darn!

Above you see a handful of milk glass items, found on Etsy, if you can’t score any in your local area.

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

View blog reactions

3 comments:

Dani said...

I like these... they could be vintage, they could be modern... they could really be anything!

Cece @ Dill Pickle Picnic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cece @ Dill Pickle Picnic said...

We searched goodwill, etc for 6 months prior to the wedding and ended up with way more than we needed. I was curious if I would like the results....and I LOVED them. Now I'm trying to find ways to use them around the house. I'm thinking of using ones like #2 & 3 as pots to start herb seeds in our kitchen window sill.